INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ACADEMY AWARDS
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ACADEMY AWARDS
CONCEPT OF COMPETITION
Due to the fact that COVID-19 pandemic desease affects from our daily life to education patterns, the online platforms become vital than ever before. YTB initiates to continue the ongoing projects and planned activities online.
It is very important for us to minimise the damaging factors of the disease for Türkiye Scholarship family and all. In order to keep your ties with academic life in those days, International Student Academy Awards is launched.
THEMES AND CATEGORIES
The “World After the Pandemic" theme aims to allow us to explore the effects of COVID-19 and such pandemics on our current and future lives at the individual and social level.
Attendees are expected to submit their papers in any of these categories:
depending on their education area and interests.
Within this context, there are 3 fields:
- Social sciences, where the topic can be looked at from a political, economic, sociological, psychological, culturel or historical perspectives,
- Sciences and Engineering, where the topic can looked at from artificial intelligence and robotics, medical technologies, biological, physiological aspects…etc.
- Health sciences, the topic can be in dealing with precautions against and ways to resolve and fight against pandemics as well as the treatment process and development of vaccines…etc.
SPECIAL THEME: YTB’s 10th YEAR ANNIVERSARY
As YTB celebrates the 10th year of its foundation, the special category topics under this theme are:
- Public diplomacy and YTB
- The Internationalization of Higher Education in Turkey and Türkiye Scholarships
EVELUATION OF ENTRIES:
- The eveluation of 4 categories will be carried respectively in 2 phases.
- The evaluation comittee consists of YTB experts and academicians.
- Criteria for eveluation:
> Writing and narration technique
> Ability of language and expression
> The authenticity and the originality of the approach
> The level of applicability and degree of social application
After the pre-evaluation committee’s technical comments and scores on language, academic style and methodology, the Higher Committee of Eveluation will do the final assesments. Click
for the details on pre-evaluation criteria.
WHO CAN APPLY?
International students studying in Turkish Universities at all levels of higher education.
||YTB's 10th YEAR
- The award winning papers will be published.
- A panel will be held with the participation of the award winning students.
- Applications Open: 20.04.2020
- Deadline of Submission: 04.10.2020
- Announcement of Results: 26.10.2020
- Award Program: 30.10.2020
*There can be changes in the calender due to the ongoing pandemic. Please follow our social media accounts for updates.
APPLICATION CRITERIA AND METHOD:
- International students studying in Turkish universities at all levels can apply.
- Each applicant can send only one entry fort he competition.
- The competition is open for team application. Each team member should identify his/her contribution to the work clearly. If a team entry is awarded, one award shall be shared among team members.
- The submitted works must be one of a kind and not previously published, siplayed or used in any competition/program before, as well as having no license, copyright, and publication agreements priorly accepted for that partciular piece of work.
- The award entry should be sent to email@example.com
with “International Student Academy Awards”
as subject of the e-mail, together with the applicants’ current CV, student certificate and application form.
- The submitted work can be in Turkish or in English and must be at least 3.000 words to a maximum of 4.000 words. Summaries and endnotes are not included in the word limit.
for the article requirements.
for the report requirements.
for the project requirements.
- All publishing and distribution copyrights of the submitted work will belong to YTB.